[C320-list] Dodger

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 12:49:28 PST 2021

Jacks experience is pretty close to ours.   I would expect a local canvas
maker to charge something near $5K for the entire job but as Jack notes
that will come with some nice whistles and bells that customize the canvas
just the way you want it.   You need to get references.  Finding a good
canvas maker isn’t hard but expect the good ones to be busy.   Getting the
canvas drum tight isn’t easy, it takes a highly skilled canvas maker to get
it perfect.   If you go mail order you are more likely than not going to
get a sloppy fit.  Our canvas maker spent a lot of time and multiple trips
to the boat for patterning and fitting.   DIY is possible as many LSZ-1
owners can attest, but... pretty high degree of difficulty and you might
end up ruining a lot of material before getting it right.  Add $1000 to
your project if you don’t own an industrial sewing machine like the LSZ-1.

Troy Dunn
Hull #514