[C320-list] Refrigeration Diagnostics Assistance

Ken McCrimmon kenmccrimmon at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 11:40:04 PDT 2021

Hi
10 days ago, I left KIA ORA (2003 Catalina 320) plugged into shore power with the fridge running. with a couple of beers and some water.
I came back this weekend and the fridge was not running.  The switch was still on and the shore power plugged in.  I know that the yard would have unplugged to boat to do some other work during the week.
Normally, I can hear the compressor running but nothing.  I checked the thermostat, I reset the switch on the electrical panel, nothing seemed to make a difference.
I tried to find the compressor.  I thought it might be in the port locker but what i thought might be the compressor was actually the battery charger.  I did not look in the port stern locker.  Did not think about that until now.
I put a block of ice in the fridge for the weekend, which created another problem, lots of water in the bottom of the fridge.

  1.   Is there a fuse or circuit breaker that i should be checking?
  2.  Anybody know where else to look for the compressor?
  3.  I thought there was a drain for the fridge (based on some other reading on the C320 Association site) but I could not find it.  I tried to get the water out manually (jcloths, tea towels, etc)  I either need a manual pump or really big sponge.  Is there a drain in the cold box and if so, is there something i need to do to open it.  Assume it drains into the bilge.

I tried getting into the 320 site to do more research but i am having password issues today

Thanks
Ken