[C320-list] Running a wire up the mast

John Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 24 19:47:19 PDT 2021

 I just took my mast down to replace the VHF cable. To me that was the safest way to do it. You might get someone up the mast and feed a fish wire thru the mast and compression post to the keel. I think it would be lucky to hit the small pipe which leads to the compression post. My boat had a large blob of silicone blocking it. Also as has been mentioned the gap at the bottom of the compression post at the keel is tiny. Again you’d be lucky to trap a fish wire and get it out through that gap. I think taking the mast down is the best approach and probably cheapest, especially if you can start the de-rigging and re-rigging yourself.
JohnM
1999#574

Sent from my iPhone