[C320-list] Engine soundproofing

Joe Luciano jnluciano at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 10:41:56 PDT 2021

While I haven’t installed this product on my boat, I have used it in an RV to insulate from road noise and it works very well in that application.  The best part is this stuff is thin which will not impede the rather tight fitting engine compartment.  It’s called Dynamat, and the best of the best material available on the market for this purpose.  The difficulty in soundproofing a Catalina engine compartment is the fact that all of the edges where compartment access is necessaary will still be uninsulated.  So, given that fact, it may help some, but not work as well as in a vehicle road noise application where you can pretty much cover everything except door edges.

Here is an example:

https://www.amazon.com/Dynamat-10455-Self-Adhesive-Deadener-Xtreme/dp/B00020CB2S/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=soundproofliv-20&linkId=a213b2c1aa194aa10724935b7abefcf3&language=en_US&th=1 <https://www.amazon.com/Dynamat-10455-Self-Adhesive-Deadener-Xtreme/dp/B00020CB2S/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=soundproofliv-20&linkId=a213b2c1aa194aa10724935b7abefcf3&language=en_US&th=1>

Joe Luciano
# 1044