[C320-list] 30 Amp Hull Receptacle on Catalina 320

KEN GEIGER kendgb at aol.com
Fri Aug 26 14:38:34 PDT 2022

Advice requested.
So in 2016 the likely original Marinco 30 hull receptacle on our year 2000, 320 showed signs of over heating.  I decided to replace it with a smart plug and that was direct fit into the hull's 2.5 inch hole with the 4 mounting screws lining up.
Well 6 years on, the female Smart plug I had retro fitted onto the dock cable failed.  2 wire were loose and there was over heating.
So not being impressed with the expensive Smart plug I headed back to Marinco only to find out that they now require a 2-7/8 inch hole for the body of the receptical.
Other than opening up the existing hole  does any one know if the Hubble or other receptical will fit my existing 1.5 inch hole.

Sent from the all-new AOL app for Android