[C320-list] Fwd: Replacing Oven/Stove with Storage

Mark Hood mark at hoodcanvas.com
Tue Feb 22 13:07:55 PST 2022

We just got our 320 the middle of last season from Jeff Hare. The oven was
not used much, but we love it! We had a 1972 Douglas 32 prior with an
non-pressurized alcohol stovetop, the total pits. We had a Coleman type
stove for a while, but as Doug says it is a safety and storage issue. As
Doug does we turn off the gas at the tank so risk is minimal compared to
steel tanks that easily leak, ours did, but was outside on deck
fortunately. So far we have made cookies, heated lasagna and quiche, we
love having it. But everyone knows how they use their boat, just be sure
you can go backwards easily for resale value down the road. This year we
are having a new cocktail sized teak table made for below with folding
sides for easier use of that area. We are keeping the old table as is so we
can put back if we sell at a point down the road. We could have modified,
but that would be non-stock and decrease value depending on who is buying
of course.  Mark Hood Hull #809