[C320-list] Is it or isn't it time for a new avenue

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:29:23 PST 2023

Marko,
First of all, I am dearly sorry to hear of your loss.

I too am a cold region sailor.  Those who don't sail in cold regions don't
fully understand this extra burden of our hobby.  Our sailing days are very
valuable.  The off season maintenance is often done in less than ideal
conditions.

One aspect of owning that I will struggle with one day when it will be time
for me to let go is that I LOVE big projects.  Though it does add stress to
my life at times, it's also something I enjoy.  Do you still like the
maintenance side of owning? Does it help give you something to do?

In my opinion, the 320 is just an amazing boat.  I still love mine dearly.

Would you have any interest in taking on a partner in ownership?  Maybe
someone younger, looking to get into ownership that could eventually take
over when you are ready to fully step away?  This might help with the
maintenance (time and money) some, potentially give you a sailing partner
at times, still stay connected to the sentimental aspect of the boat, yet
provide someone who might be a good future owner for your boat "child".
Just a thought.

When I first started sailing, I primarily sailed with older gents.  And
they are who I learned the most from, showed me the ropes on everything.

Christian Caperton
1994 C320 #138 "Canuck" Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL