[C320-list] Engine Anti-Siphon Issue?

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:37:02 PST 2023

David,
I own #138, and also a Perkins M30.  I've never measured to ensure, but I
do believe my raw water anti siphon is below the water line.  If I am on a
starboard tack with some heel, it's for sure below the water line.  I have
never relocated mine.

The original location of this anti siphon is indeed in a poor location, as
it's near some electric connections on the port side of your Perkins.  When
the duck bill valve goes bad in your anti siphon, and will like sputter
water one some of your connections, hastening wiring corrosion.  I have had
to replace my duck bill valve before.  It is something to keep an eye on.
But when the duck bill valve is in good condition, I have had no problems
with the location of the anti siphon and potentially being below the water
line.

-Christian Caperton
1994 C320 "Canuck" Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL