[C320-list] Rig Tuning

Mark Seyler mseyler at cox.net
Mon Jul 10 12:00:54 PDT 2023

I am currently tuning my standing rigging with the Association’s Loos rigging gauges. I have read the Yeager tuning advice and several threads on the mail list, but I haven’t found any advice on a tension reading for the forestay and backstay bridle if you don’t have a back stay tension adjuster. Does anyone have a tension number for the backstays?

I have a full length Bimini that covers the entire cockpit, and the backstays have to go through the Bimini in just the right place, so I can’t really use an adjuster that pulls the legs of the bridle together to adjust tension. I don’t race on my boat, so I’m just looking for a fixed “midrange” number I can set and keep.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality
New Orleans, LA