[C320-list] VHF Radio replacement

ptormey 4square.net ptormey at 4square.net
Mon Jul 17 07:34:02 PDT 2023

While I generally agree with everybody's comments, I recently upgraded to add AIS transponder. With the gadget AND the antenna splitter it was almost as much as simply replacing the radio with a built in AIS transponder.

Also a big fan of a handheld.  When underway we keep the big radio on high squelch to avoid the chatter from 10 miles away and the handheld(s) for primary. Each shift recharges their handheld.

Pat
Pat Tormey
s/v Blues Skies
Newport RI