[C320-list] Fridge condensate

ART HARDEN artstree at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 19:24:58 PDT 2023

I tend to agree with several of the comments that have been presented. As for the drive shat packing, I put a plastic pan underneath the shaft to collect the drips. This allows me to gage how much I am leaking. After running for a while, I will use a small wet-dry vac clean up the captured water. The pan is nothing more than the bottom 2-1/2” of a gallon jug, but works as a good gage on drips.

I added about a foot of hose to the refrigerator drain to trap moisture. I then use then use the wet dry vac again.

For years I had water in my bilge and tried to put up with it by evacuating as much water as possible. It wasn’t until I was pumping a gallon an hour that I got serious about getting it corrected. The marina fixed the Catalina smile on the outside and I reset all of the keel bolt plates. I also resealed/replaced the knot and depth sensors. Totally dry bilge this year and I’m happy.

Still a lot to do on my 95 Catalina 320  #243 to get her where I want her.

Sent from my iPhone
Art Harden
Catalina 320 "Tortuga" E-62
937.885.9380 (o)