[C320-list] Is the starter motor the culprit?

ptormey 4square.net ptormey at 4square.net
Wed Mar 29 05:10:31 PDT 2023

A quick check, Just use the negative cable on your car jumper cables to connect just the battery  negative to the motor itself. Then try starting. IF the negative (ground) connection is the problem the engine should start right up.  IF it's doesn't start right up then the issue is likely the positive circuit.

You might also note the voltage on the panel before and after the jumper cable hook up. It'll jump up if the ground is an issue.

Pat
Pat Tormey
s/v Blues Skies
Newport RI